Wouldn’t you know it that the day after I write an achingly long article about the importance of eating healthy I get sick. I’m laughing and I hope you are, too.
This morning at 4:37 a.m. I was awoken by a very sore throat. It hurt when I swallowed, when I took a breath and when I drank water. I eventually fell back asleep hopeful that my ailment would disappear by 7:30 a.m.
I woke up with a runny nose, a fever, an uncontrollable urge to sneeze and exhaustion instead of a sore throat. Go figure. I’ve been drinking tea, water and Emergen-C packets all day. As is the norm, the later the hour becomes the worse I feel. I anticipated this, so at lunch today I set off to Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods to pick up everything I’d need for my cure for the common cold:
- Ingredients for homemade vegetable soup (canned plum tomatoes, spinach, cabbage, carrots, celery, onions)
- Sourdough boule
- Synergy Kombucha in Guava Goddess
- Raaw vegetable juices (I bought the Carrot Lemonade, Pineapple Cucumber and Beets flavors at Whole Foods)
- Vosges Amalfi and Blood Orange Caramel chocolate bars
- Sweetteeth Chocolate in PB+C and Sea is for Caramel